Thursday 3 July 2014

Always Caching

I have not done a post for some time but it is time do write a short post for the start of summer. Since my return from the Vegas trip, I have joined up with the Sunday Caching Group (SCG), we meet most Sundays that we can and do some pretty wild hikes to mountain tops and we have been also looking for a lot of the old Team caches on the Island. I have also been out on the off road Hondas with Cougar Kid every few weeks for some great days of caching mostly on the off roads between Courtenay & Campbell River off the DBM line. I have also been out a with JuRuu doing some hiking on the trails and some urban caching as well. I put together a group to hike the Wesley Ridge a few weeks ago behind Cameron Lake. There were 13 caches on this hike which started up to 600 meters then across the ridge and then down at 900 meters. Going down was the hardest as some of the areas we had to come down via ropes.It took us about 8.5 hours to complete. Some of the trails were not really trails but rather follow the pink ribbon through the woods. The views were so spectacular. It with a great hike with a great crew. It was a good idea that we parked a car at either end of the lake!
Not too much in the works for the rest of the summer but a few hikes in the fall are falling into place, like Mount Arrowsmith.
Princess! & I are heading to New Brunswick in less that a month and I will be caching there as well a little in Quebec which is just across the bridge form where I grew up, Campbellton, NB. It is certainly a different type of caching there as most caches have to be winter friendly, if that is possible. Princess! and I are having an event when we are in NB as there are not many events or cachers in the area. Looking forward to our trip there as it will be nice to see my parents and family.
My numbers are climbing and I am 112 caches away from 15,000.


I will be posting while in NB so anyone who is are interested can read about my caching there.

Paulboy

No comments:

Post a Comment