Sunday 13 July 2014

15,000 and counting

As I near my 15,000 cache find, I find my self in Campbell River visiting the Outlaws . I brought my Geohonda with me for caching. I needed 87 caches to reach my goal and have two days to find these caches. I headed out at 0530 hours with bike in tow and parked at Willis road at the start of the DBM, Duncan Bay Mainline logging road and headed out. It was so quite and peaceful and not a sole around.
About 0700 hours a beat up 4X4 came off a side road and asked me how to get to Courtenay. He had most of his windows smashed out and the body was a mess. He took my directions and off he went.
At the morning progressed, it got real hot and the dust was thick, even going to grab caches was dusty, the trees and bushes were covered in dust. By 1030 hours, I had managed to find 85 caches. I was running out of water so I headed back to the truck and watered up and finished up the other side of the DBM  and a few caches in town. It is now noon and very hot and I managed to grab 97 caches. So in the end, I reached my goal of finding my 15,000 cache find before heading to New Brunswick at the end of the month.
My OAP event is coming up on August 23rd in Ladysmith, hope to see everyone there. More to come soon and happy caching everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment