Tuesday 4 July 2017

Della falls Quest-2017

As we prepare for our hike to Della Fall in the morning, 150 Canada Day, it has taken some work to get prepared.
First it was getting everything ready, food, tent, clothes, first aid and every thing one would need for a three day hike to the falls. I packed, unpacked and packed three times trying to get my total weight of my pack and supplies from 37 + pounds down to 30 pounds. Then there was the two 10 km hikes, first with the 37 pound pack, way to heavy then after removing more do not need items, a final hike to test it all out. Some how I feel that my little 10 KM training hikes will not be the same as the hike to the falls.
It is noon on the 30th June I head off to Port Alberni to meet up with Landchatch for some caching before meeting up at Boston Pizza at 1900 hours for our last real supper.
But one does not go to PA without stopping at the great Coombs Wooden Shoes for a chat and some candy but this time I did not get any as the extra weight, well you know.
Landshatch and I managed to get 22 caches.
We met up with CCC, Autumn Rain, Done21 & Islander54 for the last supper, always a lot of laughs and wondering what the hike will be like tomorrow. So many stories about the 16 KM hike to the falls.
After supper a few more caches, then off the the boat ramp area where we all settled in sleeping along side the road in our trucks, camper and SUV's.
As our day comes to a close we await morning to begin out hike.
Our first day will be posted later. Paulboy

1 comment:

  1. I wish you well Paul good luck and happy hiking looking forward to reading about this adventure

    ReplyDelete