Sunday 4 August 2013

Road trip to GCGV0P

We started out quest to find GCGV0P Original Stash Tribute Plaque on Aug. 02 via the ferry to the USA out of Sidney at 1800 hours and arrived at Everett, Wa late that night. I got up fairly early and managed to grab 11 caches near the hotel in the dark and rain to start with. The rain stayed but as the sun rose it got better. Nothing like caching in the dark in the great USA, a little scary.
We set out about 0930 on the 3rd for our  quest and the rain is stating to let up and the I5 is bumper to bumper. We stopped at a few rest stops and managed to grab a few caches at each stop.  
As we left the I5 towards the OSTP there were about 6 caches that we grabbed on the road to OSTP.
We arrived at the OSTP at 1500 hours on Aug. 03, 2013. It was so great to finally reach this cache after three years since I started caching. It appears that 3 is my lucky number today.
Princess! and I took some pictures and will post later. We opened a can of Pepsi and had a toast.
A great day for us!! We then headed back to Portland to our hotel and out to supper. Princess! wanted to get e little night shopping in so off we went to the mall. It is so weird but someone placed 5 caches in the mall parking lot so I just had to grab those!! So my total cache find for the day was 26. Doing those route PQ's sure is great. I am now 153 away from my 10,000 and hope to reach towards the end of the week. We are having our event in Lincoln City on Wednesday.
Well, it is almost 0530 hours and I am going out to grab a few caches as Princess! is sleeping. About 0730 hours we are going to do a short hike on a power trail before heading to the coast at about 1000 hours. I will do another post in a few days. Happy caching!! 
Geocaching My Way of Life  Paulboy

No comments:

Post a Comment