Sunday 20 January 2013

How the CIA came about

Since I started caching on July 27, 2010 I soon I begin to hear about the ET Highway and once I got my bearing, I started to look at the caches in that area and thought that I would do that Highway some day.
About 10 months ago I thought I would put a team together and see if I could make this a reality. I spoke to Cougar Kid and Shadowcaster of The GO! Team and then bigbluemarble and JuRuu and picked a date. I also had 4 other cachers that were interested but with new jobs and work, it was a problem for them so they decided to not go.
Now that we had a team, I came up with the name Canadian Island Aliens and then it all came together, Area 51- CIA and our name was born. We decided that it would be a great idea to have t-shirts made.
A week later I got and email from Shadowcaster that he had designed a pathtag for all of us and after a few emails back and forth, he had it all done and ordered. Now we also had a design for our t-shirts.
A fellow cacher told me seekandsail was interested in going and after a few emails, he was on board as well. I did some caching for a day in Campbell river with crkayker and after telling her what I was planning and a few more emails, she was on board. Now were were 8 but then Shadowcaster said that his dad just started caching and he was interested as well. Now we are a team of nine and we are complete.
This CIA adveture is now slated for begin on Feb.06 2013 in Vegas at 0600 hours.
More info about the prep and details will follow in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment